"The flies are way down, since APS started our Barn Fly Control Program!"
Why Control Flies in the barn?
- Reduces Milk Production by 10-20%
- Transmits over 100 Diseases To Humans & Livestock.
- Large numbers lead to secondary infestation by hide beetles.
- Filthy Contamination of Feed, Buildings, Facilities, and Animals.
How Can We Achieve The Best Results?
- Remove manure frequently and thoroughly.
- Prevent feed spoilage.
- Keep feed dry to reduce habitat for fly breeding.
- Prevent moisture in potential fly breeding areas is for effective fly control.
- Reduced farm worker productivity: flies interfere with work such as feeding and milking.
- Insect light Traps.
- Sticky traps that include effective fly attractant.
- Thorough Residual Insecticide at approximately three week intervals during the fly season.
- Alternate fly material types applied to prevent resistance.
- This integrated approach leads to less flies and increased milk production.
Click here for all the details!
Page Designed & Hosted by - Monumental Hosting - copyright© 2017